Extra Clearance ACL Rod Bearing Set – S65 V8 – BMW M3 E90/92/93
Manufacturer Part Number: 8B1580HX-STD
- Lead/Copper, Tri-Metal design: Tri-Metal, lead/copper are considered the world’s best bearings. The steel backing is coated with copper, then topped with a soft lead. The lead is embeddable, meaning small particles can embed themselves in the lead without causing any damage to the crankshaft. Look in the best automotive engines, and you’re likely to find a Tri-Metal bearing design.
- High strength overlay plate with reduced thickness for improved fatigue properties
- Hardened steel backs on all rod bearings to improve the support of the bearing lining and assist with bearing retention in the housing.
- Increased crush for improved bearing retention
- Elimination of flash plating on the back of the bearings to improve heat transfer through the bearings and to maximize the grip between the bearings and its housing.
- Increased eccentricity to compensate for bore distortion at high rpm and to assist in the formation of hydrodynamic oil films.
- Tight consistent wall tolerances to help you maintain consistent clearances.
- Enlarged ID chamfers on bearing edges where required to accommodate large fillet radius on performance crankshafts.
Fits these cars
No Bolts, ARP 2000 Bolts
David Artsvelian –
Great product, fantastic service, and an all around awesome group of guys. My car is a daily driver and I couldn’t afford a long downtime. When I called to check on ETA, they offered to send me the parts with expedited shipping at no additional cost. Their parts are top notch, warranty is great, and the cost is more than fair. Would highly recommend M Power!